How To Bed-In Your EBC Brakes For Street Or Track Use
EBC Yellowstuff Bed-in Procedure
- Fast Street use Pre Bed Fade 1 – drive 50 to 100 miles on Public road/highway normal driving to allow the pads to mate up to the disc and establish full contact followed by 8 stops from 80 mph to 30 mph at 300 yard intervals and then coasting allowing the brakes to cool.
- FADE 2 – After the basic street pre bed above performed on the road or at the track if installed there …..Perform 10 medium pressure snubs at the track from 80-20mph leaving 300 meters between each snub (approx 0.4g decel)
- Allow pads to cool for 15 minutes minimum after coasting to the pits allowing brakes to cool a little.
- FADE 3 – Perform 6 high-pressure snubs from 90-20mph with a maximum acceleration between consecutive snubs. (approx 0.8g decel, or 80% of an emergency stop)
- Allow the brakes to fully cool for a minimum of 1 hour before the race session.
EBC Bluestuff Bed-in Procedure
- Perform the Street Pre Bed Fade 1 routine as above (either on the road or at the track if installed there ) followed by Fade 2 at the race track.
- Latest Bluestuff DM3362 and Low Mu versions should only take Fade 2 and a 15 minute cooling time to be ready to race.
- Fade 3 should not be necessary unless poor disc condition has prevented proper seating but if you have time DO perform Fade 3.
EBC RP-X and RP-1 Race Compounds Bed-in Procedure
- No Street Pre Bed needed or legally allowed, these are pure race track compounds
- Single gentle lap to seat pads to rotors followed by Fade 3 as above should be all that is needed