- Made 100% in EBC Brakes’ Bristol, UK pad factory
- Stainless steel backing plates (reduced heat conduction, no paint)
- Backplates feature Nucap® NRS® hook pad retention system
- Good pad life with excellent disc life
- NOT R90 approved for road use in European markets
- Made with Nucap NRS hooks on backplates to totally eliminate the chance of pad debond
Designed for vehicles driven hard on track, RP-1™ possesses a moderately high friction level of 0.45 between 100 – 750°C (200 – 1400°F). The more progressive response characteristic of RP-1™ makes it well suited for inherently ‘over-servoed’ vehicles where a softer pad material is desirable to allow greater finesse when on the brakes.
RP-1™ also works superbly when used with many competitors (non-EBC) Big Brake Kits, where the more progressive pad response helps to negate the over-servoed sensation often experienced after fitment of larger diameter brake discs and calipers with large piston displacements.